Saturday, April 16, 2011

Way Too Long

Okay, so I haven't had a new post in way too long, but that's mainly because we haven't had internet, but know we do, so here is a short new post.
Short because not a whole lot has happened since November.
About a month ago, Evan lost his job. He had been there for 11 years. His one and only job.
It has been hard, considering I haven't been at my job for a year yet and am not making that much money. We have been working hard on getting out of debt, and this has put a kink in our plans a bit. Hopefully something will come up soon.
In the meantime, we have been taking advantage of the temple on my days off. We have been trying to go every week. It has been nice to spend this time together, plus we have had some family names to take as well, which is always a cool experience.
I am still at Target. I love it! I have great supervisors that genuinely want me to move up, so that has been helpful.
We are still working on the baby thing. It's kinda on the backburner now with Evan not working, but a goal at somepoint.
Evan's dad has had quite an eventful few months. He went in the hospital for a sore on his toe and then...BAM... He was in long term.
He had a toe amputated, went into total kidney failure, got a really bad staph infection, pneumonia, etc. The doctors told us to have family nearby because it probably wouldn't be long.
Amazingly he has overcome all of it and is at home now. He had to go to a care center for a week or so, but is home now. He has to have dialysis three times a week, but overall, he's doing good.
Other than that, I am just trying to stay optimistic and trust that everything happens for a reason and hopefully for the better.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear most of this, although I am glad that you are loving your job. Evan should look into Western Governers University. THey are an online university and I know a bunch of people that work there and LOVE it! I heard, from employees, that they are looking to hire 40plus new enrollement counselors in the near future. The pay starts at about 35k and has full benefits and you can move up quickly. Plus if we wanted to do school they pay like 70% Good luck, Kalen just went through finding a new job and it was really hard and horrible, so I am sorry you are in the same spot! Glad to see you are still so optimistic though and that your father in law is doing better! I miss yoU!

    ReplyDelete